KUNG HEI FAT CHOI
Year of the Wooden Horse
January 31, 2014
Hey everyone! Since it's Chinese New Year, I'm craving for an authentic Mami (Chinese Noodles) and want to experience what Binondo (oldest Chinatown) looks like during this festivity!
Going to Binondo is easy but much easier if you take the LRT 1 train and alight on Carriedo Station.
|View from Carriedo Station|
From Carriedo Station, you just have to walk going to Sta. Cruz Church near Escolta and walk straight to Ongpin (where you can find the cheapest jewelries) then from Ongpin turn right to Benavidez (where you can find most of authentic Chinese Restaurants).
|A kiddo was enjoying his swim at the Fountain across Ongpin St., and Sta. Cruz Church|
Here are some of my observations:
1. Most people are wearing RED.
2. Fireworks waste every where!
3. You can hear different drum beats with people dancing (wearing costumes that doesn't look good) and giving you Ampao even for just watching. That is why I was not able to take a picture of them.
4. Dragon dancers.
5. Ornaments and Tikoys overload!
6. The line for Fried Siopao is blockbuster.
7. Ma Mon Luk (Masuki) has the best authentic Chinese noodles!
|Learned how to properly eat Authentic Noodles Special thanks to the man whom we shared our table with.|
8. Cute little babies wearing traditional chinese costumes!
That was my 1st Chinese New Year experience. Ikaw, how did you celebrate?
Ano, TARA GUMALA???